The 5’ Panuara Octadome is fast becoming one of the most popular lights for smaller location productions.
Available with either the 400HMI Soft Light head (adaptable to 575W Tungsten Discharge* see below) or the 1000W Tungsten Halogen fixture.
400W HMI is dimmable from 100-40% and comes with a 1000hz Ballast, whereas the 1000W tungsten head can be used with an inline dimmer. Output from the HMI is around f8 1/125s (@ 400 ISO)
The reflector itself is a large 5ft soft reflector that comes with two internal diffusers:
- Standard inner diffuser = even light with no hotspot
- Rim Diffuser = Brighter Outer Rim giving a true wrap-around light quality – this is where the name ‘aura’ in Panaura comes from – try it at close distances and observe the gentle light/shadow transition.
- 40-degree exit angle grid to control spill, very useful in smaller room sets.
TIP: Loosen the Velcro straps on the reflector, then insert all 8 rods into speed ring, finally apply pressure to rods and fasten velcro ties.
Other advantages include:
- Very light and portable
- Double the light output of Fresnel with softbox (light in focal point of reflector)
- Only 40.5cm deep or about ⅓ the depth of a Fresnel with softbox!
- Fast setup time**
- Can be used overhead easily rigged from the ceiling or boomed in.
- Hot restrike (great for fast set up in multiple locations)
- Plug straight into 13amp domestic
* The DLH400S head can be used with the new 575W Tungsten Discharge lamp (effectively a Tungsten HMI) this has the advantage of giving 4x the output of a Tungsten Halogen lamp (80lm/w instead of 20lm/w) this is also dimmable from 100%-40%
**The record for setting up (from opening the zip on the bag to turning on fixture) is 58 Sec! Think you can do it quicker? …..