1888 Victorian Stable block built as part of 1880 Kilworth House Estate (now a private hotel). Converted to a private house in 1970 with extension built in 1990 to match exact original brickwork. Built around a courtyard which now has a swimming pool. All the original size doors and windows, and all original brickwork. Set in 20 acres of grazing and woodland with a separate 3 bed 1970â€™s cottage, wooden stables, barns, and disused Victorian Kitchen Garden and woodland (8 acres) with greenhouse and outbuildings. There is also a horse mÃ©nage and a tree house. The main house has three wings - the west wing is stripped out to the brickwork awaiting refurbishment. The central wing, with a large archway entrance door, originally designed for carriages to go through, has 3 bedrooms with two bathrooms upstairs, and two sitting rooms, a dining room space, large entrance hall and two toilets downstairs. The East wing has two bedrooms upstairs and kitchen and dining room downstairs attached to the \"Big Room\" which is exactly that - a 10 metres long x 5.7m wide room with a large fireplace and three sliding doors out onto the courtyard. At the other end of the Big Room is the Annexe which comprises kitchen, conservatory, downstairs bedroom, office and utility room, and two upstairs bedrooms with a kitchenette The house is surrounded by mature gardens with an unusual array of mature trees including a beautiful Cedar tree and several Wellingtonians, oak, horse chestnuts etc. There is plenty of parking.
Local train stations, hotels, restaurants and parking.
Tags relating to this listing