Victorian country house, built in 1855 in the Regency style with high ceilings, large windows, a stone cream & black tiled entrance hall, fireplaces upstairs & ground floor, bell-pulls and stained glass windows, set within two acres of garden. Originally built as a mini-estate with a gardener's lodge gatehouse, and various outbuildings in different states of repair including a coach house, dairy, wash house, pavilion, estate office, pump room, old greenhouse and a WWI mess hut. Garden has mature specimen trees including a large cedar and a rare surviving elm. There is walled kitchen garden with fruit, vegetables and flower borders, an old lawn tennis court, a croquet lawn, various winding paths and wooded areas. Property is surrounded by arable fields and a fruit farm to the south west. Located in Kent
Local train stations, hotels, restaurants and parking.
Tags relating to this listing