Best preserved medieval fortified manor house in England.Built between ca. 1281 and 1291. Three-storied south tower. Timber-framed Jacobean gatehouse from 1620 with highly decorated exterior and two brick chimney stacks. Parish church with Churchyard. Almost untouched Great Hall with gabled windows, original staicase, open octagonal hearth and cruck-built timber roof. Solar contains Elizabethan fireplace with carved overmantel. Cottage-style gardens.
Local train stations, hotels, restaurants and parking.
Tags relating to this listing