St George’s German Lutheran Church

Whitechapel

St George’s German Lutheran Church

St George’s German Lutheran Church, Whitechapel

This is Grade 2* listed church built in 1762 located a couple of minutes walk from Aldgate East. The church is owned by a secular charity called Historic Chapels Trust. The main part of the church has remarkable furnishings. These include a complete set of ground floor and gallery box pews and a central double-decker pulpit and sounding board. There are 18th and 19th century memorials, many in German, beautiful stained glass windows and a working German Walcker organ. There is a separate room looking onto the space, a kitchen and WC attached. We are flexible in terms of use of the space and welcome enquires from all. Located in E1.

Amenities

TrainNearest Rail: Aldgate East tube.

Contact Us


Drop us a message to find out more about this location or to check availability/rates.

    Show more images

    Related Tags

    churches

    Map (Local train stations, hotels, restaurants and parking)


    Similar Locations to St George’s German Lutheran Church