This flat fronted early Victorian Grade 2 Listed townhouse was built in 1841. It measures 2200 sqf and spans over four floors. It has undergone an extensive and careful renovation, preserving original features and yet turning it into a beautiful, modern and comfortable five bedroom family home. With 10 foot ceiling heights and large sash windows the house feels light and voluminous. The top floor benefits from vaulted butterfly ceilings.
The original back living room window overlooks a green roof and a mature and lush 120ft garden. A modern Poggenpohl kitchen with built in Gaggenau appliances and a big three meter kitchen islands creates the focal point in the downstairs living area with two huge glass sliding doors each measuring 3.5 m x 3 m and open up to a patio with in-out large porcelain tiling and a large walk through water feature.
The lower ground floor is clad in very large (1.5m x 0.75m) dark grey porcelain tiles (Minoli), whilst the ground, first and second floors have Element 7 flooring. Both bathrooms have large Minoli tiles, Boffi fittings and fixtures, sash windows and with the top bathroom benefiting from a big sky light. Original princess and chubby princess radiators throughout the second and third floor and built in Victorian wardrobes, give the bedrooms that little bit of extra character. The house is painted in muted grey tones (Farrow and Ball) to provide a tranquil and neutral feeling.
Local train stations, hotels, restaurants and parking.
Tags relating to this listing