HUNTS GREEN FARM Originally dating back to the mid-late 16th Century, Hunts Green Farm has been sympathetically extended including the addition of a Georgian farmhouse around 1800. The house has been renovated over recent years, in keeping with its origins, and retaining the character of the house. Limestone flooring runs through the reception hall with a central inglenook fireplace and bread oven currently containing a wood burning stove. Within the Georgian side of the house is a second reception hall with access to the terraced area at the front of the house. Off here is a beautiful dual aspect sitting room with open fire, a formal dining room, study, and a striking drawing room, largely glazed with views over the gardens, a Clearview wood burning stove and under floor heating. There are two staircases leading to the first floor. The master bedroom has wonderful original beam work. Hunts Green Farm is situated in an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, in a very private yet not isolated position with beautiful, rural views. It is easily accessible to both the A34 and the M4 motorway and Newbury rail station. The property is approached through electric gates, over a gravelled driveway with parking for a number of vehicles as well as a quadruple garage. The gardens surround the house and are mainly laid to lawn and studded with mature trees and planting. There are numerous terraced areas, also surrounding the house and accessed from all sides. The paddock amounts to approximately 1.75 acres, and it bordered by a mix of hedging, wire fencing and post and rail. Hunts Green Farm has several period outbuildings, neatly arranged around the central driveway with a large thatched barn at the forefront. A raised granary sits to one side, with electricity.
Local train stations, hotels, restaurants and parking.