Hopton Court Estate, Kidderminster
Hopton Court is a Grade II listed Georgian country house just outside the village of Hopton Wafers (between Cleobury Mortimer and Ludlow). It was built in 1746 and remodelled at the beginning of the 19th century. The grounds were laid out by Humphry Repton and the remodelled designs for the house were worked on by John Nash with three storeys and an ornamental portico of ionic columns with a balustrade and pediment with coat of arms. Surrounded by parkland, the lake is the main feature of the grounds overlooked by the house from a short distance. East of the house is a cast iron Grade II* listed orangery which was erected, probably in the third quarter of the 19th century and recently restored by English Heritage. There is a Grade II listed stables block outbuildings and courtyard dating from mid 19 century.