Georgian country house built around 1700, located a 10 minute drive away from Exeter city centre. The house is full of original features, including a grand stone Entrance hall designed by Ambrose Poynter, fine decorative plaster work, a huge stained glass window, grand staircases, a Ballroom. The rooms are light and area and recently refurbished to a very high standard to make the most of the natural light coming through the large Georgian windows. The house is fronted by two large Stag statues and is surrounded by courtyards, a rose and lavender terrace and parterre gardens. The grounds also include an ancient woodland and ponds area (together with nineteenth century pet cemetery). Located in 37 acres of grounds in the beautiful Exe Valley. 12 double bedrooms are available for hire with 10 bathrooms (including several with roll top baths). On site parking is available for 30+ cars. Wifi is also available.
Local train stations, hotels, restaurants and parking.
Tags relating to this listing