Description Of Cragdarroch Shore Road, Cove a large detached stone built house mostly two storeys but partly three storeys in height with large attached two storey coach house to the rear. The building has a castle type turret and a permenantly fitted flag pole The original dwelling house is estimated to date from 1860 orthereby having been substantially extended circa 1879. Ground Floor: Open Vestibule, Closed Entrance Vestibule, Hallway, Lounge, Games Room (Sitting Room), Cloakroom, Inner Hallway, Gym (Morning Room), Breakfasting Kitchen, Rear Vestibule, Toilet Apartment, Dining Room. First Floor: Five Bedrooms, Dressing Room, Two Bathrooms, En-suite Bathroom, Toilet Apartment. Second Floor: Study/Bedroom 6, Library/Bedroom 7. The property is situated within the village of Cove, within an established residential area developed predominantly with substantial detached house types, enjoying attractive outlooks to the south west over the Firth of Clyde. The property is conveniently located for a limited range of local facilities available in Cove and Kilcreggan village centres, the main shopping, transport and educational centre being Helensburgh approximately 15 miles distant. The chimney heads are of grey sandstone masonry construction incorporating stone copings and clay chimney pots, flashings being formed in lead. Gutters are carried in a mixture of cast iron ogee and half round section fittings, The roof is of complex multi-pitch design being timber framed, boarded and slate clad incorporating a flat felt roofed sun terrace accessed from the second floor landing at the three storey tower. Flashings, sloping and horizontal valleys are finished mainly in lead, but partly in mineral felt. There is a slated turret style roof at the stair projection leading to the tower/second floor accommodation. There is a flat lead roof over the enclosed and open entrance vestibule areas. There is an original glass cupola above the main staircase. The windows are timber framed, single glazed of traditional double hung sash and case style, all with aluminium framed secondary glazing to the inner face. Entrance doors are of timber construction, with timber framed single glazed French doors providing additional access from the lounge to the front garden. There are traditional timber outriggers and facing timbers at the eaves and verge detailing at roof level. Outbuildings consist of a large two storey former coach house of stone and slate construction, comprising former wash house, carriage house and stabling at ground floor level with former servants' accommodation and hayloft at first floor level. There is a stone, lean-to style store attached to the east elevation of the coach house, the coach house being linked to the main building by a substantial stone and slate store The property is set within substantial garden grounds which we would estimate extend to approximately 1.5 acres, approximately two thirds of which is level in nature and laid over to lawn, shrubbery and mature trees, with a large, slabbed patio/terrace area to the rear. A gravel driveway provides ample off-street parking. The rear portion of the garden is sloping in nature containing a number of large mature trees and shrubbery. Boundaries are defined by traditional stone walling.
Local train stations, hotels, restaurants and parking.
Tags relating to this listing