The house was constructed in 1863 and used for many years as a country home until purchased by the current Order in 1946. The house was initially used for residential purposes and then as a school, and more recently, as a convent. Traditionally built of local materials, including brick and stone elevations under a pitched slate roof. The property has the benefit of double glazed windows throughout. Internal accommodation is arranged on the ground floor as reception rooms, a study and kitchen areas with predominantly bedrooms on the upper floors although some rooms are used as a sitting area. Bathroom facilities are available on each of the upper floors. The grounds included with the property extend to approximately 9.1 hectares, approximately 21.9 acres. The property is not listed although trees on site are covered by a blanket Tree Preservation Order. The property is situated to the west of Osborne House and is adjacent to the Norris Castle Estate in an elevated position in an area locally designated as historic parkland enjoying fine views over Cowes harbour. The property commands a prominent location when viewed from the harbour and Cowes waterfront. The property includes over 20 acres of parkland. Basement 1,378 sq ft (128.02 m²) Ground Floor 5,455 sq ft (506.78 m²) First Floor 5,057 sq() ft (469.81 m²) Second Floor 3,490 sq ft (324.23 m²) Total 15,380 sq ft (1428.84 m²) NOTE: External shots to be posted shortly.
Local train stations, hotels, restaurants and parking.
Tags relating to this listing