Castle Cinema Hackney, Homerton
Originally built in 1913 as a purpose-built cinema, The Castle Electric Theatre ran until 1958. Since then it’s been a bingo hall, a shoe factory and a snooker club. Now, after a successful crowdfunding campaign, it’s been restored to its former glory. With an art deco bar filled with elegant marble tables and velvet cocktail chairs (capacity 125 standing or 82 seated), and boutique cinema with 6m screen, 82 retro hotel seats and a curved ceiling covered in ornate gold plasterwork, it’s the perfect venue for shoots, conferences & intimate events of every kind. In addition, we’ve recently turned the original projection room into a plush second screen with 27 seats!