JJ Media Group is made up of a vibrant group of people who aren't afraid to make noise, work hard and have fun. We are a dynamic brand with an experienced team of innovative thinkers, and a hunger for the future.
We invite every member of Team JJ to feel empowered to grow the business, by challenging the norm, contributing ideas and pursuing excellence.
Think you're a good match? Get in touch to apply for our available positions below.
Reporting to Head of Warehouse, an Operations Technician will ensure equipment is prepped and de- prepped accurately.
You will ensure client’s needs are met in relation to the standard, quality and expectations therein.
- Completing picking lists, packing jobs accurately and understanding any potential gaps in their production
- De-prepping orders returned to warehouse, noting any missing or damaged equipment, and equipment not of a standard that can be returned to rental stock
- Packing the equipment to allow ease of transport, and safeguarding the equipment in transit
- Reacting to additions for orders, be it for the company’s studios or off-site jobs, and ensuring these are loaded for Ops/Transport in a timely fashion
- Utilising the rental software to track availability and use barcoding protocols to accurately manage equipment
- Maintaining equipment with a view to keeping the best quality equipment in circulation
- Making sure the warehouse is kept clean and presentable at all times
- Responsibility for regular inventory checks and informing the Head of Warehouse of any changes to quantities of stock
- Processing new equipment or purchases into the warehouse environment
- Informing the Head of Warehouse of the arrival of purchases, and therefore adding to the software
- Completing the visual branding of new equipment and maintaining good visual branding and barcoding of equipment
- Representing the company in line with the company’s culture
- 2 years equipment experience, either on set or in a rental facility
- A good knowledge and understanding of Lighting
- Applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK
Reporting to the Head of Transport you will work alongside Operations to facilitate the effective transport of equipment orders as necessary. Maintaining equipment to the highest level, whilst in transit and representing the company on set.
- Delivering/collecting equipment to/from shoots, either in our studios or offsite locations throughout the UK.
- Presenting the equipment onset in an ordered and presentable fashion. Collecting all equipment from set, using collection sheets to facilitate effective collection.
- Driving company vehicles with care and responsibility, and with careful selection of routes taken.
- Transporting sub hires to and from hire companies.
- Taking directive from HOT regarding schedule, and informing HOT of any unforeseen variations to your schedule.
- Maintaining the equipment, keeping it clean and presentable at all times.
- Keeping vehicles clean and presentable at all times.
- Keeping the warehouse tidy and organised.
- Representing the company in line with company culture.
- Candidates must hold a full clean license and to have been driving for a minimum of 2 years.
Reporting to Head of Cameras, the Camera Technician will ensure that the digital equipment room is maintained to the highest levels, and that all jobs are packed efficiently and checked back in thoroughly. Working with Head of Operations and Head of Warehouse to ensure digital element of all Equipment jobs are integrated fully into the flow of operations.
- Managing the digital equipment room; including stills, moving image and IT equipment, as well as all peripherals and camera grip
- Preparing accurate rental orders, working from our barcoding system, completing orders thoroughly and comprehensively
- Working to propagate all relevant data in to the company’s software, inc. weights, barcodes, replacement values etc.
- Demonstrating and utilising product knowledge, understanding of client expectations regarding the quality and presentation of equipment right down on how the kit looks when the cases are opened on set
- Testing and preparing jobs to the highest standard Implementing an eye for detail and upholding the need for quality and presentation when completing orders
- Managing the return of equipment; including storing client data on our server, and the cleaning and checking of returned equipment. Notify Rental bookers for missing or damaged items
- Resetting rented computers of client data and history, checking functionality
- Keeping firmware and software up to date
- Liaising with Transport and Rental bookers for sub-hire items collections and returns
- Routinely testing equipment in a ‘working environment’ and as part of a complete system -Ensuring impeccable client facing skills, communicative skills and the ability to troubleshoot with client over the phone and on set
- Helping out setting up company's events
- Enthusiastic individual with excellent organisational and time management skills
- Demonstrating forward thinking and initiative at all times
- Representing the company in line with company culture
- Eagerness to keep abreast of the latest digital camera technology
- The ideal candidate has at least 2 year On-set experience as a Camera Assistant or a Prep Tech at a camera rental house