JJ Media Group is made up of a vibrant group of people who aren't afraid to make noise, work hard and have fun. We are a dynamic brand with an experienced team of innovative thinkers, and a hunger for the future.
We invite every member of Team JJ to feel empowered to grow the business, by challenging the norm, contributing ideas and pursuing excellence.
Think you're a good match? Get in touch to apply for our available positions below.
As Head of Site you will be responsible for the day to day running of the Studios, Lounges and Office. You will be meeting and exceeding client expectations as per the company's FOH guidelines and maintaining high standards as set out in the Front of House Guidelines across both full time and freelance employees. Reporting directly to the Front of House Manager you must be able to both follow and give direction efficiently while keeping morale high within your team.
• You must be highly customer focussed, have excellent communication skills with a friendly and professional manner and have the ability to manage your team effectively.
• To circulate regularly throughout all Front of House areas, maintaining a high profile with guests and staff.
• Deliver the professional greeting of clients and visitors, to the highest standards.
• To be readily available at all times to deal with problems or complaints.
• To ensure that Studios and surrounding areas are serviced and maintained to the standards laid down by the company.
• To ensure that all Front of House areas are clean and tidy at all times, including managing the cleaning contract and adherence to our high standards.
• To ensure effective liaison between Studio and Event bookings/Production and Front of House Team.
• To ensure that all charges are correctly entered on BEAST and that this is up to date at all times.
• To ensure that all Front of House staff are correctly and smartly dressed at all times.
• To maintain and monitor the studio team rota to ensure a fair division of the workload amongst all staff.
• To ensure that all Couriers are dealt with swiftly to minimise the impact on the courtyard and loading bay, and that clients receive their goods in a timely manner.
• To ensure maximum security of all client possessions throughout their time with us, including the monitoring of communal doors and areas.
• To carry out systematic checks of all Front of House areas for maintenance requirements, repairs or refurbishing, ensuring that these are actioned without delay.
• To ensure that the Courtyard and Loading Bay are easily accessible to cars and taxis and vans at all times.
• To hold regular performance appraisals with all staff, identifying areas for development and training needs and ensuring that this training is effected.
• To carry out or ensure that regular On-the-Job training is taking place to agreed standards.
• Strong communication skills with the ability to influence decision making at all levels and command respect from all areas of the business.
• The ability to assert expertise and achieve objectives diplomatically.
• Self-motivated with strong leadership skills and a hands-on attitude, setting examples in work standards, speed and quality of delivery.
Reporting to the Head of Transport you will work alongside Operations to facilitate the effective transport of equipment orders as necessary. Maintaining equipment to the highest level, whilst in transit and representing the company on set.
• Delivering/collecting equipment to/from shoots, either in our studios or offsite locations throughout the UK.
• Presenting the equipment onset in an ordered and presentable fashion. Collecting all equipment from set, using collection sheets to facilitate effective collection.
• Driving company vehicles with care and responsibility, and with careful selection of routes taken.
• Transporting sub hires to and from hire companies.
• Taking directive from HOT regarding schedule, and informing HOT of any unforeseen variations to your schedule.
• Maintaining the equipment, keeping it clean and presentable at all times.
• Keeping vehicles clean and presentable at all times.
• Keeping the warehouse tidy and organised.
• Representing the company in line with company culture.
• Candidates must hold a full clean license and to have been driving for a minimum of 2 years.
Reporting to the Front of house Manager, members of the Hospitality Team will work alongside each other to ensure clients are serviced to JJ’s high standards.
As a client facing role, the Hospitality Team will promote the JJ culture and brand both in the studio and when dealing with clients
• Preparation and presentation of all studios to the highest standards.
• Meeting and assisting clients into and out of the studios.
• Assisting with client requests throughout the day, liaising with all JJ departments as necessary.
• Responding to action lists for site repairs, renewals and improvements.
• As part of the Front of House Team you are responsible for ensuring the smooth running of the building day-to-day.
• Ensuring that personal appearance, uniform and conduct at all times reflect the JJ ethos and culture.
• Outgoing, enthusiastic, hard working and practical
• Applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK
Working as part of a team of experienced Account Handlers within the Equipment department, The AH shall understand client requirements and produce efficient and profitable quotes by reducing sub-hires and maximising utilisation. The Account Handler should understand, coordinate and satisfy their clients' requirements in order to deliver true value.
• Engaging clients and understanding their requirements
• Building reliable and solid client relations
• Demonstrating and utilising product knowledge
• Producing quotes to meet client expectations, utilising minimal discount structures
• Understanding client budgets and expectations to secure profitable sales
• Managing enquiries from start to finish, working with other departments as required
• Taking a pro-active approach to generating new enquires and engaging clients
• Opening client accounts in line with company policy
• Liaising with Warehouse manager to manage stock utilisation
• Coordinating quote variations and liaising with the Fleet Manager to communicate changes
• Working with Warehouse manager to ensure jobs are closed and invoiced within 24hrs of return
• Communicating with clients about any missing or damaged items
• Producing accurate and final invoices for clients
• Pursuing client feedback and utilise to improve service.
• A very good understanding of photographic and moving image equipment.
• Excellent communication skills from telephone through to email and various IT systems
• The highest levels of customer service
• A team player, not only working with other A/H’s but closely with the warehouse, digital and transport department
• Ideally 2 years of onset experience or 2 years experience as a Booker / Account Handler
• Exceptional eye for detail
• A work ethic to reflect the industry we work in, sometimes working long hours
• Proactive and willingness to go the extra mile
Reporting to the Account Manager the Account Handler will manage the Studio diary to maximise capacity across 2 premier sites and 11 lifestyle studios in the heart of Shoreditch. Working as part of the larger production team, and in close conjunction with the Producer, to facilitate studio bookings for JJ Media Group.
This is a Sales role managing and converting all inbound enquiries and driving outbound sales via phone, our on-line chat platform in order to exceed monthly and quarterly occupancy and sales targets.
• Managing the Studio diary across 2 sites and 11 studios effectively in order to maximise capacity at all times. Chasing and being across all options.
• Understanding and interpreting clients requirements ensuring the correct studio is supplied, maximising occupancy where possible.
• Converting options to confirmed bookings
• Following up mailer leads by phone and email
• Monitoring our on-line chat platform. Utilising it to chase new leads on the website and convert all incoming enquiries into bookings
• Maintaining and developing relationships with all JJ clients
• Delivering the highest level of JJ service
• Working with the Production Manager and FOH manager to ensure a thorough and clean handover for all events and shoots.
• Promote the JJ Media culture and ethos.
• Being flexible to work required hours but also the hours it takes to complete the tasks in hand.
• Experience in a Sales environment is key
• Excellent people skills, you will be adept at speaking to anyone
• Negotiating rates and sealing deals
• Self-starter, always looking for new avenues of business for JJ Studios
Working closely with the head of operations and head of cameras, to maximise usage of our inventory of kit whilst reducing the need subhires. Dealing with incoming subhires from enquiry to invoice. Helping to manage transport needs for subhires, both our own fleet and external couriers. Reporting to the GM generating reports on subhires to show trends to help with stock acquisition.
• Liaising with A/H's Head of Operations and Head of Camera to maximise our stocks utilisation.
• Responsible for flow of subhires in and out of the building.
• Communicating with A/H's updating them of subhire allocations including the timings if collections etc.
• Constantly striving to limit the impact on our operation department.
• Taking incoming subhire enquiries and seeing through to invoicing stage.
• Dealing with late, missing or damaged subhired items.
• Organising timely collection and return of subhires inline with our subhire partners policies.
• Logging and photographing all incoming/outgoing subhires and storing assets on the cloud for future reference.
• Working with Head of Operations and Head of Cameras to make sure all subhires are properly tested / scratch sheets etc
• Working with the GM to analyse subhires and generate reports.